Position Reference: UE0042
Position Title: Senior Programmer
Closing Date: December 14, 2009
The anticipated contract period is from January 4, 2010 through January 3, 2011
with a maximum total of 1548 hours. Work will be carried out at the Clients'
offices in Sacramento, California.
- Senior level proficiency in Natural programming and ADABAS, utilizing Natural
utilities and editors.
- Senior level proficiency in developing and maintaining mainframe automated
Accounts Receivable (A/R) online and batch systems, and creating/ maintaining
- Senior level proficiency in troubleshooting and maintaining mainframe,
automated, large, complex A/R Reconciliation online and batch processes.
- Senior level proficiency in CICS, TSO, JES3, JCL, VSAM, ISPF and Attachmate
Extra/3270 emulation software and tools on IBM Mainframe with z/OS.
- Senior level proficiency in project management, SDLC, IEEE, JAD facilitation,
conduct of design and code, and test walk-thrus.
- Senior level proficiency in analyzing, designing and implementing successful
system solutions to business problems in either a development or maintenance
- Senior level proficiency in working cooperatively with business and IT
professionals, gaining the trust of team members and customers, and
communicating clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Consistent record of total customer satisfaction with work products and work
“Senior” level is defined as advanced proficiency
sustained over a minimum of three years of the last five years of professional
Additional consideration will be given to contract personnel with the following
- Working Knowledge of Natural Construct, Natural Predict, NATRJE, Visio, IBM
Utilities, FTP, AFP, DMS/FileNet, CA-View, and EJES.
- Working knowledge of Clients’ VSAM database access routines.
- Experience with Clients’ applications and systems.
Scope of Work Summary
Under the direction of the Clients’ manager, the Contractor will:
- Analyze service requests and problem reports and prepare impact analysis and
estimates of schedule and effort.
- Analyze, design, code, test, and install into production approved
modifications to existing applications.
- Assist as directed in the review of design, code and documentation of Clients’
- Create or modify development and testing environments.
- Facilitate JAD sessions and conduct design and code walk-thrus.
- Prepare documents in accordance with SDLC and Client/IEEE standards including,
but not limited to, functional requirements documents, technical design
specifications documents, test plans, system and program documentation.
- Prepare written status reports and participate in project meetings as
- Provide knowledge transfer to technical and program area staff as required.
PO Box 580284
Elk Grove, CA 95758-0005
United States of America