NATURAL / ADABAS Developer
If you have strong NATURAL Programming skills, this is a fantastic opportunity.
You will be responsible for development in Software AG's NATURAL for UNIX. This
is an excellent position and the ideal candidates will have solid NATURAL skills
and exposure to PHP a plus. The backbone of the system is written in Software
AG's NATURAL. You will be doing maintenance and new development, making changes
to the system and working on building interfaces to corporate web sites.
Analyses requirements and designs, develops, and maintains applications in UNIX
environment using ADABAS/NATURAL with the emphasis on analysis and more complex
development activities. This will be a full-time permanent position
Skills and Qualifications:
• BS degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years experience with Software AG's Natural for UNIX.
• Experience Software AG's ADABAS required.
• Experience with Software AG's PREDICT desired
• Senior level proficiency utilizing Natural utilities and editors.
• FTP,UNIX scripts knowledge and expertise
• Ability to investigate and solve problems
• Strong Analysis skills
• An excellent communicator
• Good team player
• Ability to work with both business and technical staff in a team
• Writes code, revises and adapts existing code, troubleshoots and resolves
• Develops and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming
techniques and computer systems
• Maintains and supports applications to keep them performing in accordance
with technical and functional specifications
• Translates the solutions provided from analysis/design into detailed program
• Gathers data to further identify customer change requests, defines scope of
work and software/system requirements for implementation
• Reviews and writes or provides input to functional documentation
• Adheres to and provides input to programming standards and techniques
• Designs detailed flowcharts, verifies program logic by preparing test data
for trial runs
• Provides input for the test team with regard to test requirements and test
plans and assists in the creation of test scripts
• Performs system tests and debugs programs according to results of system
test and user acceptance test
• Writes technical documentation to describe program logic and coding
• Facilitate JAD sessions and conduct design and code walk-thrus.
• Prepare written status reports and participate in project meetings as
• Provide knowledge transfer to technical and program area staff as required.
Job Contact: email@example.com